Sunday, June 21, 2009

Final summary of the trip

So what to say about the trip, well it was alot of driving but I
certainly liked it, it's a great way to see the country and there are
so many things to se here so I would definately do it again. Next year
we plan to go to the west coast and see San Francisco, Los Angeles and
to get re-married in Vegas :)
Ok back to this years trip, what was the best? I really liked all the
nice mueseums in Washington they are really awesome and in New York it
was the tempo and all the people around you, at first I didn't enjoy
it but it didn't take long before I apreciated having all the people
around me. It reminded me about the central station in Stockholm
during rush hour when all people are running in different directions.
It was a very different experience compared to the slow tempo in
Kansas City.
I must also say that we couln't have done this trip without a nice car
and the CC has really been great to drive, the comfort of the seats
and the sound insulation made the trip great. The final numbers are:
- 4892 km total driving distance
- 55 hours 12 minutes total driving time
- 89 km/hour average speed
- 7.7 liter/100km average consumption
I especially like the average consumption, 7.7 is really good even
though most of the driving has been on highways it is still very low
concidering that we were 4 people in the car and it was fully packed.

Today we have enjoyed beeing home, Sandra has washed all our clothes,
and I have mowed the lawn. I did however get a haircut and I also
returned my Iphone 3G for the latest model that was released Friday, I
bought the phone less than a month ago so I felt that I was cheated on
the new features. Unfortunately the store didn't have any of the new
Iphones in stock so I will have to wait a couple of weeks before I get
the new phone. In the mean time I'll use my Itouch to keep blogging. I
wount be able to take any pictures and upload them instantly but I
will continue to write. Tomorrow it's back to work, will be
interesting to see how many mails that I have.
Today we also celebrated fathers day, so happy father day dad and good
luck tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment