Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Time for a vegetarian pizza recipe

I wish that I could take credit for this pizza but I can't, that honor has to be given to the chefs at Houlihans, the mix of flavors are incredible. I tell you how good the pizza was, it was so good that I wrote down the ingredients while eating the pizza and then before leaving the restaurant I looked in the menu to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. After that I drove to the grocery store and bought the ingredients and went home and made the pizza again. I'll eat it tomorrow for lunch, I only had a little piece to make sure it tasted the same and it did. The only ingredients that I left out was Fontina and Provolone cheese but I don't think those are needed, the Parmesan and Chévre will give you all the cheese flavor you need.

1 Small Pizza (1 person)

Ingredients:
  • 1 Pizza Crust
  • 1 tbsp Pizza Sauce
  • 1 tsp Olive Oil
  • 2-3 slices of Zucchini
  • ~1½ dl shaved Parmesan Cheese
  • 1-2 slices of Red Onion
  • ½ dl of Chévre Cheese
  • 8-10 Cherry Tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp of Roasted Pine Nuts
  • ½ dl of Arugula baby Salad
  • 2 tbsp of chopped Black Olives

Time: <30min

How to make it:

  1. Turn on the oven on the highest temperature, I used 550 F (288 C)
  2. Place the crust (I used a pre-made thin pizza/focaccia crust that I found in the store) on a baking pan covered with a baking sheet
  3. Brush some olive oil on to the crust and spread out the pizza sauce on the crust
  4. Add the Parmesan & Chévre cheese in small pieces
  5. Slice the red onion thinly and divide the cherry tomatoes in half's and put on
  6. Slice the zucchini with a cheese slicer and add (the zucchini could also be added right after the parmesan cheese to make it flat on the bottom of the crust)
  7. Put the pizza in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes (after 5 minutes you can turn on the broiler, however watch the pizza so that it doesn't burn, the cheese should be golden brown
  8. When the pizza is baking in the oven:
  9. Chop up the black olives in small pieces
  10. Roast the pine nut in a frying pan, until they are golden brown and then chop them into small pieces
  11. Once the pizza is done divide it into slices spread pine nuts, arugula over the pizza and add black olives in the center of the pizza
  12. Eat and enjoy (I guarantee that this pizza will make even the most confirmed meat lover consider to become a vegetarian)
Obviously if you are allergic to nuts or any other ingredient just leave that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment