Saturday, January 30, 2010

Time to go home

It has been a long trip with many miles on the road. We have driven
about 1400 miles or 2250 km so it will be nice to go back home and not
have to spend all that time in the truck. I must say that the drive
have been very comfortable the Toyota Tundra is a nice vehicle and
towing the heavy trailer has been very easy. The fuel consumption
however has been quit high, I put in gas three times yesterday and the
average consumption has been 10.0 miles/gallon or 23,3 liters per 100
km so it is not a truck I would reccomend to have in Sweden. However
if I do some calculations between the Swedish gas prices and US gas
prices I found that the cost of gas to drive 100 km is the same for
our Passat in Sweden as the Tundra is here.

We are experiencing a delay here at Minneapolis airport of about an
hour. I'm tired of airports and delays. After this I wount fly again
until the beginning of March when I go to Stockholm for a week. Anyhow
it has been two hectic weeks but we have made progress which is
important.

Well I'm signing of for a while. Keep checking the blog for updates.

2 comments:

  1. Hej!

    Efter vad jag förstår så är du hemma nu igen och det känns väl skönt.Då är du hemma en period innan nästa resa till Stockholm. Här hemma är det 10-15 grader kallt Brr Brr och snö som faller varje dag, nu har det varit så här sen innan jul så nu är vi hjärtligt trötta på vädret och längtar efter lite vårdoft.

    Ha det bra och hälsa till Sandra och barnen.

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, My man is home again and I am very happy about that!!
    love Sandra:)

    ReplyDelete